Tuesday 2 August 2011

SMRT's Customer service

          Good evening everyone! It’s nice to see you again! It has been a tiring week for students in Ngee Ann to do tons of assignments. Normally, while we are going to school in the morning, we will usually fall asleep in the bus.  This will in turn makes our journey a pleasant one, doesn’t it?

          However, I encounter a situation which was an unpleasant one. I remembered it was on a tiring night when I was on my way back home from hospital as I was visiting my dad. I boarded the bus 61 when to my way back home. The bus driver seems to be very pissed off, and I’m not sure what’s going on so I didn’t bother.
          As I was walking to the seats, the bus driver drove the car without letting other passengers to sit before driving. Some of them shows their dissatisfactory by complaining to their friends loudly. The bus driver seems to be very irritated as I can see from the mirror. If his looks could kill, I would have been withered there and then.
          At a stop when he stopped his bus, an old man was boarding this bus. He walked slowly and then went to the available seats behind. However, here comes the problem with the attitude given by the bus driver.
 Below is the conversation between the bus driver and the uncle:
Bus driver: “Hey uncle, don’t walk here and there, sit in the front. Later you fall down I won’t be responsible for it.”
Uncle was looking clueless, because there are no empty seats at the front row.
Uncle: “Sorry, but…”
The uncle even has not finished what he wanted to say, the rude bus driver interrupted.
Bus driver: “You know is very troublesome for bus driver like us to wait, go and find a place to sit la!”

        A bus driver treated a senior citizen like this is obviously ill-mannered. I was wondering what kind of customer service he was offering to us. Furthermore, he drove the vehicle when the door is still open and the passengers just boarded the bus. This is a very dangerous act as many of them were not standing still.
        Hence, I feel that the bus company should train or give some talks regarding on good customer service and this kind of cases may reduce.
         Hope everyone will enjoy reading our posts, see you again guys! J



No comments:

Post a Comment